Friday, June 20, 2008

This Weekend at the Junction

In addition to our Studio Special with the Mashville Brigade, which debuts this morning at 8 AM ET, there are more bluegrass goodies on the XM schedule this weekend!

First of all, Grassroots: I'm not sure you realize how much I enjoy getting to spend some time with the legends every week, but I can truly tell you it's one of the highlights. As usual, you'll hear healthy doses of artists like Bill Monroe, the Stanleys, Reno & Smiley, and Lester and Earl on this week's show. Catch it Friday at 3 PM ET and/or Saturday at 10 PM ET.


Sunday, you don't want to miss our Track-By-Track show with Dailey & Vincent. Jamie and Darrin visited earlier this week and we played their album in its entirety. It was a great time, and we're planning to rebroadcast it Sunday at Noon Eastern. (More info is in my earlier post.)

Finally, I always have to mention Gospel Grass. It's our pleasure to bring you three hours of bluegrass gospel twice every Sunday--7 AM and 9 PM ET.

Have a great weekend and thanks for listening to Bluegrass Junction!

2 comments:

daMarvelous1 said...

Hi Kyle,
How're things in Music City? Just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your interviews with the artists and D&V was no exception. There's a genuine warmness that comes across between you and the artists. Track 14 plays 24/7 on my XM and I give you much of the credit. Many thanks for introducing me to so much wonderful music and for putting out a great show day after day for your listeners!
Marv (daMarvelous1)
Jackson, NJ

Kyle said...

Marv,

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad the interviews strike you that way, because I thoroughly enjoy doing them and, moreover, I thoroughly enjoy bluegrass artists. There's a genuineness in that crowd that you just don't find anywhere else. I appreciate you listening.

Kyle