Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jesse McReynolds Today

This afternoon, I'm honored to have as my guest Jesse McReynolds. We'll get underway with that interview shortly after 3:00 PM ET.

Late last week, I traveled to The Pick Inn, a music park Jesse has established on the grounds of the home of his late son, Keith. It's located in Gallatin, Tennessee (about 30 miles north of Nashville). The log house which Keith and Jesse built is now being used for conferences, weddings, and the like, and Jesse and I had a great time visiting around the dining room table for nearly an hour. We talked about what he's doing currently, his 55 years of work in Jim & Jesse, and his plans for the future. It was a delight to visit with him and I'm going to play the entire interview during the course of this afternoon's show.

If you love classic bluegrass--particularly that of Jim & Jesse--you don't want to miss today's show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about todays show. Jesse McReynolds has always been a hero of mine. His cross-picking style on the mandolin, to the exceptional harmonies, and of course his gracious mannerism. It can't help but be a fun time. Junebug

daMarvelous1 said...

I had the opportunity to meet and greet Mr. McReynolds at a bluegrass festival in New York last summer. He was extremely gracious and was generous to take a photo with me and autograph my mando. What an honor it was for me. At the show, I picked up his 'New Horizons' CD. Fans, if you have the opportunity, please check out this album. There are songs on this album that will make you want to sing along out loud and songs that will touch the very core of your heart. You'll hear one of the most haunting versions of 'In the Pines' ever recorded. Kyle, thanks for treating your listeners to the interview with Jesse!