Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Salute to IBMA Nominees

Joyce Rizer snapped this photo of me working at my desk (I'm the guy in yellow shirt. 'Office looks pretty deserted, doesn't it?).

What I'm working on this afternoon is our series of "salutes" to artists nominated for IBMA Awards. You'll begin hearing them on Tuesday, September 2.

Every couple of hours or so, listen for an artist nominated in one of the artist-based awards categories (Entertainer, Vocal Group, Instrumental Group, Male Vocalist, Female Vocalist, and Emerging Artist of the Year). We'll play a song by them and mention the awards they and their band members are nominated for.

It's just a small way of saying how much we appreciate the performers who have achieved so much in bluegrass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I congratulate all of the nominees this year that are up for awards. The members of the IBMA do not have an easy task deciding who they think is the best, I voted on the Bluegrass Junctions pole and I am still second guessing myself. I enjoy them all though so it will be good to listen to them on Bluegrass Junction. I do hope that Kyle wins Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year, He does work hard promoting Bluegrass music.