Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Cherryholmes Ride Again

This week, we're rebroadcasting a very special entry in the Studio Special series featuring the Cherryholmes. It's a rebroadcast of a program which originally aired late last year. The next broadcast of this program airs tomorrow [Sunday] afternoon at 6:00 P.M. E.T.

If you're not familiar with the series, the Studio Special is the show where the bands join me in studio for an hour of live music and conversation. There's nothing canned as the bands bring their instruments and what you hear are versions of their songs unique to XM.

This particular show is especially interesting because it marks the first time I had ever heard Molly sing a lead vocal. Although I'm quite familiar with her harmony singing, on this edition of the Studio Special, she lends a stunning lead vocal to "When The Savior Reached Down for Me." It's a song they've never recorded, and you'll have to listen to this week's SS to hear it.

Another highlight of the show was when they threw out a possible title for a future instrumental album. I thought it was quite clever. I'm not going to reveal it here--you'll have to listen to find out what it was!

As always, if you can't listen tomorrow, the complete listing of rebroadcast times is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the GREATEST BANDS in a long time. I agree with you Mr Cantrell, CherryHolmes has done it again. Molly threw me off with her vocal when they said she would sing lead!!! , but I was spellbound. antrell I can't tel lyou enough how Great your show is, and i love the blog. You got yourself one soldier here that wont miss a formation Sir!! Keep up the Good work.

Kyle said...

Thanks, banjofarmboy! I appreciate your comments and your service to our country