Thursday, July 31, 2008

One Incredible Studio Special

During much of the month of August, we'll be presenting encores of some of our best Studio Specials from this year. It's appropriate, then, that we begin the month with Dailey & Vincent, who kicked off the new season back in March. The show airs at 8 AM ET Friday, followed by the usual run of encore broadcasts (complete schedule here).

Here's another chance for you to get to experience some of the finest music we've ever presented in the series. Jamie and Darrin came into our studio with their fine band, and from the very first note, it was readily apparent that they had come to play. Every song flowed effortlessly from one to the next, and the band worked like a well-oiled machine. They were also a lot of fun to interview and made some interesting comments and observations about their music, as well as bluegrass in general.

If you're familiar at all with Dailey & Vincent, I don't need to tell you what a great job these guys have done in selecting just the right songs. Each one they have recorded and performed since their group formed, in my opinion, fits their voices perfectly and is a showcase for their unique talents. On this edition of the Studio Special, they performed nine songs and did an incredible job with each.

What struck me most about this show, though, was the same thing that most folks cite when asked why Dailey & Vincent are so special: the harmony. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about the blend that these guys have that is very special. I can't think of another modern-day duo with the same "something special" that Dailey & Vincent have. Their getting together is truly a perfect match.

In any event, don't miss this show. If you're not greatly impressed, I'll be very surprised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!

Thank you SO much for rebroadcasting this! I loved it the first time I heard it & will be listening in again tomorrow morning!

Dailey & Vincent are the greatest!!!

Thanks XM!

Anonymous said...

Dailey and Vincent are absolutely fantastic, and I am so glad that Kyle is rebroadcasting this really great Studio Special. A great showcase for this very exciting group. I will get to laugh and amen this show all over again. Thank you Kyle. Junebug

roni said...

I very much enjoyed hearing these guys. Who has that goofy,infectious laugh? As a VietNam vet,I really appreciate the song about the "Wall". Thanks for the excellent performance!